#BACKPACKBUDDIES MEDIATHON 2016
Our BackPack Buddies program provides children from food-insecure homes with healthy weekend meals throughout the school year. Our friends at MIX101.5 and WRAL-TV are rallying our community to fund weekend meals for children in need.
$30,000 Match for First-Time Donors!
1 in 4 children is at risk for hunger in North Carolina. You can help. On Wednesday, July 13 join us for the #BackPackBuddies MediaThon. Starting at 6:00 AM, MIX 101.5 will broadcast live from two separate food collection points while WRAL-TV hosts a live telethon to get our neighbors talking about childhood hunger.
You can get in on the action. Take a step towards ending childhood hunger today. Your donation ensures children in your neighborhood received much needed, nutritious food in the following ways:
- $35 fills a child’s BackPack for 1 month
- $100 funds 30 hot meals from the Food Shuttle kitchen
- $350 provides a BackPack for the entire school year
- $350 can stock a school pantry with food for a month
- $500 funds a day of free summer meals from our food truck
- Become a monthly donor to feed a child all year long